I’m delighted to announce my new event, that debuts in 2018, called ‘Festival of Brewers’! Borne out of a desire to see a festival that doesn’t feature the same craft breweries as all the others, this festival is designed to focus on the small and independent. Those who don’t get opportunities at events like these, brewing on small kit, and producing great tasting, quality beers.
As much as I love the popular craft brewers, they get all the attention and it’s about time someone stood up for the smaller brewers!
And, I’m pleased to confirm eight breweries, local to Leeds and the surrounding areas, have signed up to showcase their beers.
This event will take place on 29-30 June 2018, at New Craven Hall just South of Leeds City Centre. Usually a wedding venue, it’s been great to work with Ben and Jane to turn this into a beer festival for two days.
Here’s a summary of the important info about the event.
Fri 29 June 2018 – 13:00-22:00 (13:00-16:00 will be open to trade and corporate hospitality customers exclusively)
Sat 30 Jun 2018 – 12:00-20:00
New Craven Hall, Unit 2 Fairfield House, New Craven Gate, Leeds, LS11 5NF (normally a cool wedding venue, now an even cooler beer festival venue!). It has a decent outdoor area too, so expect outdoor seating and food vendors (it’s June, so of course it will be amazingly sunny and hot, right?)
- Ticket sales are expected to go on sale during April
- Participating breweries and food vendors will be confirmed throughout April and May
- There will also be a selection of non-alcoholic drinks available too
- Participating breweries will be staffing their own bars, so it will be a terrific opportunity to meet the brewers themselves
- I’ll be hosting some tutored tasting sessions throughout the event, details will be confirmed at the time event tickets go on sale
Finally, a huge thank you to Christine for the logo!
Keep a look out over the coming weeks as more information about this event will be made available. A dedicated event website will also be available soon.
You can follow Festival of Brewers on Twitter – @FestofBrewers
I hope to see many of you come to the festival!